Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Civil Disobedience

From: "Jon O ." <jono () microshaft org>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 10:53:00 -0700

Yes, these are interesting developments. Furthermore, take a look at this:

RIAA Wants to Hack Your PC
http://www.wired.com/news/conflict/0,2100,47552,00.html

Seems there is some kind of double standard. In response to these new laws
and moves by groups like the RIAA, some people have been discussing the
formation of a Technical Engineering Guild. The idea of this Guild is to
speak as a group against certain aspects of these laws that USENIX and
the ACM have been speaking out against.

The Guild list is here: