Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Civil Disobedience

From: Sebastian Ip <9scki () qlink queensu ca>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 14:45:51 -0400

Talk to your representatives about this!  Explain to them that this law
makes it impossible to learn computer security from the ground up, which
means that there will be no more qualified new computer security people
in ten years, which means all the good security companies will not be in
the USA, which means less jobs, less taxes and more poverty.

Felix

Not ot mention that mean all the people in the know will either be foreign or
underground. Meaning less security. It's stupid this self defeating attitude
that American politicians takes. Ok not self defeating.. money serving.

I suppose you guys heard about the RIAA's attempts to use the
"anti-terrorism" bill as a means ot get a "RIAA gets to root you so they can
remove mp3s" cause into US law.

I always though they had a point with priacy when it came to Napster. But
this has nothing to do with it. Either their execs are very technologically
and socially deprived or they are just evil.

GRRR!

Sebastian Ip