Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Civil Disobedience

From: "William N. Zanatta" <wzanatta () uol com br>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 10:09:47 -0300

Cutting down the human rights to knowledge is also terrorism. By this way, in a few years we'll go down again. The underground people will still have knowledge and they will be hackers. No thinking, no freedom, is what we are going to face. How many of you believe hackers are not being used in the current war? And they are not code hackers, THEY BREAK SYSTEMS FOR THE GOVERNMENT and then they are discarded or kept hide. The government doesn't know the concept of ethics. They also doesn't know the consequences of their actions. They just do what they think should be done. That's why they have so many problems with drugs in USA, for example. If a site is defaced, it is because it is not secure. And when we talk about a site security, we talk about worldwide people security. Look, if a commercial site like amazon.com is not secure then my personal information are not secure. It is better to have a defaced site by a hacker than having dozens of them inside your server stealing information without your knowledge. And we know it happens! Think what you want. I'm not against the hackers they live for your safety. Our freedom in the world is going down and I want to be dead when it happens...

William N. Zanatta