Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Retransmissions while blocking TCP Stack's RST?

From: Cynic <cynic () progrock com>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 06:33:38 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I am looking for an application for *NIX, that can replay captured packets, while dropping, the TCP Stacks responses.
Let's assume I replay a SYN, and receive a SYN-ACK, my host's TCP Stack immediatley replies with a RST since it was not
aware a connection was to be opened.
So I am looking for some low-level retransmission application for *nix such as Network monitor for NT. (I believe it
does this.)

Thanks a lot!

Cynic.

For the best in Progressive Rock on the internet, check out PROGROCK.COM!
http://www.progrock.com

Select your own custom email address for FREE! Get you () yourchoice com w/No Ads, 6MB, POP & more!
http://www.everyone.net/selectmail?campaign=tag