Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

RE: Retransmissions while blocking TCP Stack's RST?

From: Cynic <cynic () progrock com>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 01:08:48 -0800 (PST)

(Attached below is a post that didn't make it to the list)

Thanks everyone for the input.
Sorry for my bad phrasing, I did intend to replay a TCP session without involving my TCP stack.
Till now, I was using tcpreplay and iptables for the job, however this still leaves the ISN problem.

Does anyone know perhaps of a commercial tool that automatically (userland..) calculates the ISN & Checksums? I believe
I read somewhere that Hailstorm might do the job.
Any input appreciated, thanks for all the help.

Cynic.

--- "David Fried" <dfried () ll mit edu> wrote:
Cynic,

See if this is what you want -

Netpoke is a utility used to replay packets to a live network that were
previously captured with the tcpdump program. It attempts to match the
timing of the original traffic, optionally speeding it up or slowing it
down, and can also modify the network hardware address in the replayed
traffic. Netpoke supports multiple network interfaces allowing replayed
packets to by injected into different points on a network based on the
source address.

http://www.ll.mit.edu/IST/ideval/tools/tools_index.html

Dave Fried