Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Retransmissions while blocking TCP Stack's RST?

From: Brad Arlt <arlt () cpsc ucalgary ca>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 11:09:09 -0700

On Wed, Oct 30, 2002 at 06:33:38AM -0800, Cynic wrote:
Hi,

I am looking for an application for *NIX, that can replay captured
packets, while dropping, the TCP Stacks responses.  Let's assume I
replay a SYN, and receive a SYN-ACK, my host's TCP Stack immediatley
replies with a RST since it was not aware a connection was to be
opened.  So I am looking for some low-level retransmission
application for *nix such as Network monitor for NT. (I believe it
does this.)

http://tcpreplay.sourceforge.net/

TCP Replay resends a libpcap or snoop capture file.  As far as I know
it doesn't listen to a darn thing, so you are good to go.

You can trim the capture file however you like using the tools that
come with it, Snoop, or tcpdump.
   __o          Bradley Arlt                    Security Team Lead
 _ \<_          arlt () cpsc ucalgary ca                University Of Calgary
(_)/(_)         I should be biking right now.   Computer Science