WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: Open Source Certificate authority

From: "Lapinski, Michael (Research)" <lapinski () crd ge com>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 11:47:32 -0400

openssl is what your looking for.

<quote  src=`man openssl`>
    OpenSSL is a cryptography toolkit implementing the Secure Sockets Layer
(SSL v2/v3) and Transport Layer Security (TLS
       v1) network protocols and related cryptography standards required by
them.

       The openssl program is a command line tool for using the various
cryptography functions of OpenSSL's crypto library
       from the shell.  It can be used for

        o  Creation of RSA, DH and DSA key parameters
        o  Creation of X.509 certificates, CSRs and CRLs
        o  Calculation of Message Digests
        o  Encryption and Decryption with Ciphers
        o  SSL/TLS Client and Server Tests
        o  Handling of S/MIME signed or encrypted mail

</quote>

-mtl
Michael Lapinski
Computer Scientist
GE Research

"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers."
            - IBM Chairman Thomas Watson, 1943