WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: Web Scams

From: Edward Miller <EMiller () tax state va us>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 10:48:04 -0400

Report it to the Federal Trade Commission. Send a copy of unwanted or
deceptive messages to spam () uce gov. The FTC uses the unsolicited emails
stored in this database to pursue law enforcement actions against people
who send deceptive spam email.

             "Lawrence,
             Michael"
             <MLawrence@soroc.                                          To
             com>                      <webappsec () securityfocus com>
                                                                        cc
             08/25/2004 06:05
             PM                                                    Subject
                                       Web Scams

Who other then the local autorities, does someone report a e-mail scam? I
have received two now claiming to be from E-bay. The funny thing is I do
not use e-bay at work, nor do I use my work e-mail for it. (which is where
it was sent).
The scam asks for all the information required for identity theft. (sin
number, bank acount info, credit card info, e-bay information).
Any input would be great. This e-mail has appeared in a couple of
co-worker's inboxes.

Mike