WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: Article - A solution to phishing

From: Michael Silk <michaelsilk () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 11:27:18 +1100

Hi Marco,

Am I missing something here?

 I think so :)

 You mention another "password" in your scheme of changing email
addresses. There is no such password.

 The system might handle an email-change by having the user login, and
then click "change email" where they place the new email address.
Silkbank would then send a confirmation email _to the old_ email
account that needs to be clicked to activate the change. From then on,
the new email address is used.

-- Michael

PS: Typically when you create these online accounts with banks you do
it in-store (at least in Australia).