WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: Web Application Security Testing Procedures

From: "Adam Tuliper" <amt () gecko-software com>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 12:00:10 -0500

From a high level to start:

-Cross site scripting
-Data input validation attacks (overflows, sql injection,
etc)
-Check and validate all form/querystring/cookie values as
well as making sure your data is cleaned up and invalid
characters/strings removed.

-Banner/Error message revealing - Can information be
retrieved that helps an attacker attack your application
better.

-Denial of service possibilities stemming from any of the
above as well as DOS from repeated requests that take a
while to process (if any exist in the app).

..
..
..

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 12:05:49 -0500