WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Of the three expensive vulnerability scanners

From: <managingrisk () gmail com>
Date: 7 Oct 2004 15:31:15 -0000

I am trying to decide which of the three, supposedly "grade A" application vulnerability scanners suits our needs the
best. I am looking at :

1. AppScan
2. Scando
3. WebInspect

(are there others I should be looking at ? )

Obviously, each claims to be the best. That's why I look to you folks to help me out here. I would appreciate it if
members of the list would share with me their experiences with the tools I listed above. Specifically around what their
weaknesses, strengths, gotchas, etc are.

Personally I have been using Atstake's WebProxy and I am not impressed with it at all.

Thank you.