WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: Of the three expensive vulnerability scanners

From: Cesar <cesarc56 () yahoo com>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 20:08:20 -0700 (PDT)

Try AppDetective for Web Applications
www.appsecinc.com

Cesar.
--- managingrisk () gmail com wrote:

I am trying to decide which of the three, supposedly
"grade A" application vulnerability scanners suits
our needs the best. I am looking at :

1. AppScan
2. Scando
3. WebInspect

(are there others I should be looking at ? )

Obviously, each claims to be the best. That's why I
look to you folks to help me out here. I would
appreciate it if members of the list would share
with me their experiences with the tools I listed
above. Specifically around what their weaknesses,
strengths, gotchas, etc are.

Personally I have been using Atstake's WebProxy and
I am not impressed with it at all.

Thank you.