WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: Filtering by client IP address for Web App Sessions

From: "Griffiths, Ian" <Ian.Griffiths () liv-coll ac uk>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 13:14:33 -0000

1. Yes

2. You mean within one visit the proxy address will jump across
netblocks?  My short answer is yes, I think I've seen behaviour like
this.  My slow answer is that I would have to check that out.

I'd say you are correct - even if this behaviour is limited to AOL it is
still true enough.  Not scientific measurement, but a little over 10% of
email addresses which I hold are AOL (1700 out of 16500 records).  Even
if this data is not reflective of the UK public at large, it is still
significant.

Ian