WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: suggesting passwds to users

From: hggdh <hggdh2 () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 12:37:55 -0500

What I see here is user reality. Random data has two very strong properties;

1. it is random

2. nobody can remember it.

So, by giving an user random passwords, you now incur the risk of the
user writing the new, improved, passowrd on a post-it, and sticking it
on a safe and easy to reach place.

End result: you are now more vulnerable...