WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: GMail blocking "executable" attachments

From: "Richard M. Smith" <rms () computerbytesman com>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 16:57:13 -0400

Sounds like a very good idea to me.  All email providers should be doing
this kind of blocking.  If they did, we would have many less email worms
flying around the Internet.

Virus scanners are fine, but not all PC users run them.

As an interesting aside, the original MIME RFC said allowing executable file
attachments was a bad idea.

Richard