WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: Watchfire Free Tools

From: Rogan Dawes <discard () dawes za net>
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 08:50:50 +0200

Paul Laudanski wrote:

On Tue, 2 Aug 2005 watchfire_free_tools () hushmail com wrote:

The irony of companies that "play" at security and can't even protect their own sites from the same attacks they claim to protect others from. And please, no BS excuses, there is no download withour registering !
http://download.watchfire.com/powertools/Watchfire_PowerTools_1.0.33
_setup.exe

> Maybe I'm just plain tired at the moment, but what was the driving
> factor
> behind this post?  Was it in reply to someone that I missed?

Looks to me like "watchfire_free_tools" is ranting about keeping a resource at a fixed location, when you should only be able to reach it after registering . . . Go directly to the fixed location, and bypass the registration process.

Inappropriate for a company that is supposed to be showing the way, I guess . . .

Rogan