WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: Watchfire Free Tools

From: "Ory Segal" <osegal () watchfire com>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 21:04:34 +0300

 Hi All,

I was trying to leave this whole thread alone, but it keeps coming back,
so here is my official response:

The Watchfire PowerTools are a FREE set of tools. As such, we do not use
a licensing mechanism, nor do we "force" people to register in our web
site, in order to download the tools.

The registration form was used in order to allow people to receive
information about the rest of our products, and about future updates for
these tools, that's all - it is NOT a security mechanism or some login
page.

I hope this clears things up,
-Ory