WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: NTLM and man-in-the-middle proxies not working

From: "Amit Klein (AKsecurity)" <aksecurity () hotpop com>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 21:08:22 +0200

On 19 Sep 2005 at 10:52, Eoin Keary wrote:

I find Burp works well for MITM stuff

From a private correspondence with Eoin, I understand that he didn't use IE for this test,
so this information does not confirm/disprove anything about the phenomenon we discuss in
this thread.

On 16/09/05, Amit Klein (AKsecurity) <aksecurity () hotpop com> wrote:
On 15 Sep 2005 at 15:42, raymond_b_jimenez () yahoo com wrote:

Most interesting is the fact that IE passes IWA credentials over a proxy. I had put in a demo environment, and I
did sucessfully manage to use IE/IWA through a proxy (in this case Odysseus). Just in case, I tested it again and
it does pass IWA through proxy.

Weird. I double checked (this time I used Odysseus, 2.0B10), but no good, my IE
(6.0.3790.0) doesn't even ask me for the NTLM credentials when it's configured with a
forward proxy. What's your IE version? Can other people check this please?