WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: Writing to a local file without a warning

From: Todd Hendricks <djtrubeliever () comcast net>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 00:31:03 -0600

For local development on my home machine I have used Abyss Web Server by Aprelium Technologies, currently at version 2.3. It is probably the simplest and easiest to set up web server I have encountered.

I haven't used it since probably about 2 years ago so I'm sure it's much better now than it was then, but at the time I would not have considered it for high traffic or multiple-domain situations (and as I'm a linux server purist I wouldn't set up a windows box to serve a live web site anyways), but for what you are proposing it seems to me this would be the perfect solution.

My experience with it is limited to running PHP as a CGI, though I'm sure it handles other server side scripting languages without issue.

http://www.aprelium.com/

DISCLAIMER: I am in no way affiliated with Aprelium Technologies or the development of the Abyss Web Server in any fashion.

Regards,
- Todd

Griffiths, Ian wrote:
If I'm understanding you correctly, a web server would be  far better
solution.  If the survey isn't too complicated then the code to save the
answers shouldn't be either.

Ian