WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: WebAppSec appends advertisements to mailing list messages?!

From: Peter Conrad <conrad () tivano de>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 12:43:14 +0100

Hi,

Am Dienstag, 10. Januar 2006 11:38 schrieb Ory Segal:

If you disagree with SecurityFocus' advertising methods, you should
direct your opinion directly to them.

since the list is moderated I'm pretty sure my posting has
reached them. The subject affects all subscribers, therefore posting
to the list was the right thing to do. In fact, I only responded to
a thread started by someone else.

There's no reason to trash the vendors or to use foul language. The
vendors (and in this case, my company) bought ad space, which was
offered by SF.

Since I didn't append the ad, I was obviously not targeting a specific
product or vendor. I was trying to point out that the way in which
the advertising is done is not only morally questionable but also
poorly thought out, and that a clear separation of message and
advertisement would be beneficial not only to posters but to advertisers
as well.

Since your company is an advertiser, maybe you could get SF to follow
Amit's original request.

Bye,
        Peter
--
Peter Conrad                        Tel: +49 6102 / 80 99 072
[ t]ivano Software GmbH             Fax: +49 6102 / 80 99 071

Germany

Anything below this line was appended by someone else and is not
at all my opinion.

Watchfire's AppScan is the industry's first and leading web application
security testing suite, and the only solution to provide comprehensive
remediation tasks at every level of the application. See for yourself.
Download AppScan 6.0 today.

https://www.watchfire.com/securearea/appscansix.aspx?id=701300000003Ssh