WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: WebAppSec appends advertisements to mailing list messages?!

From: "Clement Dupuis" <cdupuis () cccure org>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 09:55:24 -0500

It is obvious that NOTHING is free in this world,

People join mailing lists to get free information and to have a medium to
share and access a pool of talent.  Someone has to pay for the rendering of
the service somehow.

SecurityFocus is sustained through advertising, the day they stop including
any form or adverts will mean that you have to pay to access the
information.  I am sure Symantec will not allow them to run in the red, as
long as they can generate enough revenues they will be allowed to exist.

I agree that it should clearly marked to ensure it is not interpreted as a
signature block from the author of the message but really as an
advertisement.

Clement