WebApp Sec mailing list archives

http/spnego connections

From: "Adam Tuliper" <amt () gecko-software com>
Date: 19 May 2006 13:32:57 -0000

I'm working on an implementation of kerberos/spnego (for windows - server side) and in reading the spnego rfc draft, I
can't determine if this requires the browser to keep the connection open once the client sends the authorization
header. There are some notes on usage with a proxy server which makes me think the connection needs to remain open, but
in theory don't see why it would. I believe for NTLM the second and third phase of auth required the connection to
remain open but am not sure if the same applies to spnego.

Thanks,

Adam Tuliper
www.secure-coding.com

 Sent using http://www.DWmail.net, a free service
 Check your email [any email, anytime, anywhere]