WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: Non SSL Bank Login Forms

From: Jason Muskat <Jason () TechDude Ca>
Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 19:48:16 -0400

Hello,

If I was you, I'd close all my accounts and use another bank.

Regards,

--
Jason Muskat  | GCUX - de VE3TSJ
____________________________

http://TechDude.Ca/

From: <wilson.amajohn () gmail com>
Date: 18 May 2006 14:57:49 -0000
To: <webappsec () securityfocus com>
Subject: Non SSL Bank Login Forms

Hello all, my question is how can a form have a field that is secure without
using SSL.  From my web programming experience I cannot understand a Bank's
claim that their login form is secure when there is no SSL used.  "Signing on
to secure sites from an unsecure page is a common industry practice"  The POST
data has to get to the server if SSL is not used how can they claim it is
secure?  I hope I have clarified my question enough

Thanks

John

Watchfire named worldwide market share leader in web application security
assessment by leading market research firm. Watchfire's AppScan is the
industry's first and leading web application security testing suite, and
the only solution to provide comprehensive remediation tasks at every
level of the application. See for yourself.
Download a Free Trial of AppScan 6.0 today!

https://www.watchfire.com/securearea/appscansix.aspx?id=701300000007t9c