WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Cookie poisoning without XSS

From: "Smith Norton" <smith.norton () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 19:47:28 +0530

I was reading about cookie poisoning. I want to know if there is any
way we can poision cookies if XSS vulnerability is not possible.

As far as I know, only in the presence of an XSS vulnerability,
cookies can be modified. Can anyone describe a method of cookie
poisoning even without XSS.

Small code snippets would be very helpful to me.

Smith