WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: Login credentials and session id security

From: AdityaK <aditya1010 () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 09:07:58 +0530

Vishal,
Best way to protect the proxy,MITM and DNS poisoning attacks is use of
One time tokens.
But they are also prone to Active MITM attacks.In order to achieve a
fool proof method better surrender yourself to cryptography(Zero
Knowledge proofs )  SRP(http://srp.stanford.edu/) based implementation
is a good start in which you dont effectively send the password.
This article will give some insights of how  to protect the
webapplication from session
hijacking.(http://technicalinfo.net/papers/WebBasedSessionManagement.html)
Hope this Helps
Regards