WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: rating TRACE

From: Robin Wood <robin@digi.ninja>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 22:16:28 +0000

On 12 November 2014 22:09, Ryan Dewhurst <ryandewhurst () gmail com> wrote:
I added this link to that OWASP page a while back which explains the Java
applet method -
http://seckb.yehg.net/2012/06/xss-gaining-access-to-httponly-cookie.html

Not sure if it still works though, haven't read that post in a while.

I'll have a look but if you can run Java applets there are a lot worse
attacks you can do beyond grabbing cookies.

I'd need to double check but I think I give it a low.

General concensus on Twitter is low as well but I realised that if you
go with the basic CVSS and get a 6.0 then that is a PCI fail, a QSA
friend of ours told me that if that happens it can't be ignored and
they would be failed till it was fixed.

Imagine not being able to take payments because you've got TRACE
enabled and a tester just blindly trusted the CVSS basic calculator!

Robin