Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Wireshark problem report

From: Stephen Fisher <steve () stephen-fisher com>
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2011 11:28:36 -0600

On Sat, Jun 11, 2011 at 05:52:06AM -0700, Whom it may concern wrote:

I am able to capture packets on interface wlan0 with tcpdump, but
Wireshark does not see this interface, nor will it use it, even if
specified manually in the Preferences. My OS is Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid,
with kernel 2.6.32-31-generic #61-Ubuntu SMP.

It appears to be a problem with Wireshark, and not the interface
device driver.

Do you see any interfaces in Wireshark?  Wireshark and tcpdump both use
libpcap for their live capturing/interface lists.