Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Should payload dissectors' (RTP) packets depend on call-setup dissectors' (SIP) packets?

From: Gerald Combs <gerald () wireshark org>
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2012 13:42:48 -0700

On 6/1/12 1:15 PM, Jeff Morriss wrote:
Though I am nervous about this whole packet-dependency thing causing
users to say "I filtered on RTP and you saved my SIP too!"

A few months ago I talked to someone who complained that Wireshark
*didn't* do that. In his case it would've been useful to see related
ARPs when filtering down to a TCP stream.

--
Join us for Sharkfest ’12! · Wireshark® Developer and User Conference
Berkeley, CA, June 24-27 · sharkfest.wireshark.org