Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Should payload dissectors' (RTP) packets depend on call-setup dissectors' (SIP) packets?

From: "Kukosa, Tomas" <tomas.kukosa () siemens-enterprise com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2012 10:12:04 +0000

Though I am nervous about this whole packet-dependency thing causing
users to say "I filtered on RTP and you saved my SIP too!"

User should have possibility to choose in saving dialog whether just displayed/selected/marked/... are saved or also
packets which displayed/selected/marked/... packets depend on. E.g. some checkbox "save with dependancy".

T.