Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: RFC: Protocol fields list (reduce memory usage)

From: Jakub Zawadzki <darkjames-ws () darkjames pl>
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2013 16:11:58 +0200

On Mon, Jul 08, 2013 at 05:59:55AM +0200, Jakub Zawadzki wrote:
Right nowe for every protocol we have linked list with protocols fields. This list in total takes about 1.5 MB
(more than 100K hf fields, 16 bytes on 64bits per GList).

To correct myself: GList is double-linked list so it takes 24 bytes, from r50967 we're using single linked list for
protocol fields.
Still there's exactly 139 378 fields so 2,2 MB in total.

// trying to send again...