Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Petri-Dish +1 gives an error: needs code review

From: Alexis La Goutte <alexis.lagoutte () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2014 10:03:07 +0200

On Fri, Aug 15, 2014 at 10:41 PM, Evan Huus <eapache () gmail com> wrote:
On Fri, Aug 15, 2014 at 4:07 PM, Gerald Combs <gerald () wireshark org> wrote:
On 8/15/14 12:17 PM, Jeff Morriss wrote:
Hi folks,

One thing I've noticed about the Petri-Dish flag in Gerrit is that every
time I set it to +1 I get an error saying "needs code review."  Since
Chris just noticed and complained about that too (on change 3624) I
thought I'd mention it here.

Are you pressing the "Publish Comments" or "Publish and Submit" button
when this happens? We're currently using the default MaxWithBlock
setting[1] for the Code-Review label, which means that submission
requires at least one "+2" set and no "-2"s.

It would be nice if Gerrit disabled "Publish and Submit" when the
required conditions aren't met but its development team seems to prefer
error messages. For what it's worth I've been trying to reduce this
behavior in the Qt interface.[2]

FWIW, I'm using the "new" review screen (you can enable it in
preferences) where there is no "Publish and Submit" button so this
problem doesn't exist.

I quite like the new screen but it still has a few quirks, which is
probably why it isn't default yet.
It is the default version for the next major release of Gerrit (2.9.x)
Personalty i don't like the new screen...