Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: should extcap dir be a preference?

From: Roland Knall <rknall () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2014 23:09:06 +0200

I had a preference setting already in place, but removed it after
considering that extcap filters might be installed via some sort of
automatic setup, and searching for a user-defined path may proof to be
trickier than assuming a pre-defined one. That's why I added the folder to
the about dialog, so at least you can easily determine where it is located.

If there is a preference, I'd prefer, that it defaults to the current
settings.

regards
Roland