Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Backport request for proto_tree_add_subtree[_format]

From: Peter Wu <peter () lekensteyn nl>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2014 10:08:04 +0200

On Thursday 10 July 2014 23:54:59 mmann78 () netscape net wrote:
The proto_tree_add_subtree[_format] code refactoring was very intentionally
post-1.12 and I don't see much point to just having the API there without
it.  Further refactoring of specific dissectors like SSL and DTLS probably
won't be backported either, but if it is breaking a proto_tree_add_subtree
back into its original proto_tree_add_text + proto_item_add_subtree doesn't
seem that hard to do.

Ok, it turns out that I did not need it. proto_tree_add_none_format needs a hf
which proto_tree_add_text does not have. Is the plan to eventually replace
these as well, or just leave it as-is?