Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: GIT tutorials (was: Re: Fix bug in GSM MAP, have problems with GIT)

From: Evan Huus <eapache () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2014 16:35:30 -0400

On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 2:01 PM, Roland Knall <rknall () gmail com> wrote:
Git commit ids differ
between different people (each clone may create their one)

Not technically true. If I make a commit with SHA x, push it, and it
gets submitted, then it is true that the final SHA in master will be y
!= x. However, the next time I pull then I will get SHA y as well.
They x and y technically reference different commits, since y contains
additional information about who reviewed it, when it was submitted
from Gerrit, etc.