Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: proto.h extension

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Thu, 7 May 2015 11:29:22 -0700

On May 7, 2015, at 8:13 AM, "John Dill" <John.Dill () greenfieldeng com> wrote:

I have a couple of extensions that I created for the Wireshark baseline that we're using (1.10.x).  The diffs to
proto.h and proto.c show the code changes to add a couple of features that I've found useful, unit strings and hiding
the bits for bitmask header fields.

http://codepad.org/KTGdEL1t

You need more than

        /* Following constants have to be ORed with a base_display_e when dissector
         * want to control aspects of the display string for a header_field_info */

as a comment there - you need comments explaining what each of those flags actually *does*.