Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: What is different in compilation/linking of tshark and wireshark?

From: Jirka Novak <j.novak () netsystem cz>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2017 23:05:34 +0100

Hi Guy,

If you're trying to include some of the RTP player's functionality in TShark, then you will have to split that
functionality into "the parts that will work in a command-line program as well as in a GUI program" and "the parts
that work only in a GUI program", and only link the parts that will work in a command-line program with TShark.

Everything that contains the words "message_box", "alert_box", or "cf_" requires the GUI.

  it was the point. Now I understand why there is ui/tap-rtp-common.h.
BTW, "common" word do not express real purpose of this file - I will try
to find better name for it...
  Thank you for your help.

                                        Sincerely yours,

                                                Jirka Novak