Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Compiling with or without extcap

From: Dario Lombardo <dario.lombardo.ml () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2018 22:21:40 +0100

On Sun, Jan 7, 2018 at 12:02 AM, Stig Bjørlykke <stig () bjorlykke org> wrote:

On Sat, Jan 6, 2018 at 7:15 PM, Dario Lombardo <
dario.lombardo.ml () gmail com> wrote:

What about an environment variable that disable extcap interfaces loading?

Or even better; a UI configurable preference to enable/disable extcap
interfaces.

This should be default on.  When turned on or off it will automatically
run a "Refresh Interfaces" to load/unload extcap interfaces without having
to manually restart or "Refresh Interfaces".

Sounds good!
I'm working on 3 separate patches:
1) remove extcap ifdefs
2) prevent extcap loading based on env variable (during the review process
we can decide whether to keep this or not)
3) prevent extcap loading based on pref.

For the last one I'm just missing how to properly refresh the interface
list. I've called wsApp->refreshLocalInterfaces() but the list doesn't get
refreshed. Can you give it a look?
Thanks.
Dario.