Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Compiling with or without extcap

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2018 17:45:52 -0800

On Jan 7, 2018, at 3:19 PM, Roland Knall <rknall () gmail com> wrote:

We had this discussion a bung of times. I have nothing against having a preference, but I am very much against making
not-loading extcap the default. New users should not face a hassle to enable a capture interface, but existing users,
who wish to improve the performance in any way, can profit from an option doing exactly that.

So +1 on making this option available

+1

big -1 on making it default to not-loading

+1 on the -1 :-)