Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Ad-aware

From: "Jim Duggan" <on_a_thousand () hotmail com>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 15:41:03 -0700

Ad-aware and Spybot are the two big names.  In my opinion to completely
protect yourself you need both, as each picks up malware the others
dont.  I noticed you said anti-trojan software.  Ad-aware and Spyboy are
quick to say they detect malware, which includes hijack attempts,
cookies with personal information, and other types of software that
crops information, ie gator, googlebar, not viruses or trojans.  Both
are free and spybot even implements measures to stop malware from makin
it onto the system in the first place by a method it calls immunization.
It also reccomends another piece of software to completely cover
yourself.

Spybot - http://www.safer-networking.org/
Ad-aware - http://www.lavasoftusa.com

Hope that helps