Security Basics mailing list archives

Email appliance that keeps detailed logs and full archive of all emails?

From: "Mark G. Spencer" <mspencer () evidentdata com>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 14:47:57 -0800

Hello all,

I had a scenario recently where getting access to the full text of an email sent from a corporate network six months
back would have been extremely useful.

Of course I got hit with Murphy's Law, and the email did not exist in any current email store nor did it exist in the
backups.

I see that lots of email appliances are big into anti-spam and anti-virus, but what about functionality for incident
response?  The ideal mix of features for me would be something extremely fast that can handle being at an
inbound/outbound choke point for up to 20,000 users, keeping detailed logs of all activity and also a full archive of
all emails inbound or outbound.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Mark