Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Suggestions Needed

From: "Craig Searle" <craig.searle () sift com au>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 08:27:21 +1100

It really is a matter of personal preference- if you already have other *nix
systems, then maybe you will want to use a firewall distro.
If not then perhaps you could use RedHat (a stripped-down version) with some
hardening (bastille) and a good iptables script (MonMotha)....that way you
could also have a *nix box with which you could learn on as well....

Craig Searle
SIFT Pty Ltd
www.sift.com.au

P (02) 9236 7276
F (02) 9236 7271
M 0402 914 077
E craig.searle () sift com au

Level 67, MLC Centre,
Martin Place, Sydney NSW 2000

[ABN 42 094 359 743]

correspondence if you are not the intended recipient. Any opinions expressed
in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender
expressly, and with authority, states them to be the opinions of SIFT Pty
Ltd.