Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Suggestions Needed

From: Leo Security <security () fastmail fm>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 19:06:24 -0500

Go to sourceforge.net and search for Firewall floppy. You will get lots of already stripped down versions. You can run these firewalls from a floppy and also from a hard drive if you want to enable logging.

Leo

Justyn wrote:
I'm a home user rather new to firewalls. I have a spare pc I want to use as a firewall machine for our local lan of 2 workstations w/cable modem. I'm wanting a linux/unix flavor os for the firewall system. Would I be better off using a stripped down os that is tailored for firewall machines or something like redhat/freebsd? Would would anyone suggestion as a starting place to learn.

Thanks!