Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Hard drives v. CF/Smart media/etc.

From: "Robert Reed" <rreed567 () earthlink net>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 15:25:33 -0700

Yes it doesn't matter the type of media...it is a function of the operating
systems behavior and the file system used...

In the case of CF_cards and most other removable media types...i.e. SD,
Smart media, memory sticks, flash drive etc.... all use FAT32 file systems
and as such deleted files can be recovered if not over written.