Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Hackers Out of Business?

From: tjk () nostromo eeap cwru edu (Timothy J. Kordas)
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 1994 21:58:15 -0400 (EDT)

  This all sounds like hyped up free software to me. Anyone disagree?
-Mike

I disagree.  It is security that strikes back!  Now we all can sleep at nite
now that someone has finally figured out security and implemented it
correctly.  8-)

I grabbed their technical FAQ from ftp.sctc.com.  Rather amusing.  They
talk about how they deal with UDP packets and they say,'We dont allow any
services that UDP packets.'.  Well, Gee, I guess sidewinder isnt going to
work well in a client-server based setup.  But the most amusing part of

I too went and got their hokey little "technical FAQ" (a marketing pamphlet
with nice little pictures of bombs).

my first reaction to all of this kind a dreck is "well sure it'll be secure if
you take out all of the services."...

that is EXACTLY what they've done.

yeah the system is on the net, but why ?...you can't *DO* anything.

-Tim
kordas () lanl gov
--
Timothy J. Kordas                              |  tjk () nostromo eeap cwru edu
Electrical Engineering and Applied Physics     |