Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: CERT Alert on new sendmail bug - any info?

From: neil () legless demon co uk (Neil Woods)
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 1995 01:20:44 +0100

I just got the new sendmail bug alert from CERT, and of course
it may affect my configuration - which leads to the question, does
anybody know what the problem is so I can temporarily defend my system?

--
-> See: Info-Sec Heaven at URL http://all.net
Management Analytics - 216-686-0090 - PO Box 1480, Hudson, OH 44236

You could try using something like SATAN to test your sendmail
configuration (although I haven't tried it personally).

Also I seem to remember there was a web site advertised a while back
which offers a scanning service to probe your site for known bugs.
Looking back thru bugtraq archives should reveal the page.

Cheers,

Neil
--
Let the Mystery Be, So Watcha Want, Longing In Their Hearts, Hate My Way,
M-Bike, Safari, Uncle June and Aunt Kiyoti, Daisy Dead Petals, Tuff Gnarl.

     ...like a badger with an afro throwing sparklers at the Pope...