funsec mailing list archives

Re: Rita and panic gas buying

From: Nick FitzGerald <nick () virus-l demon co uk>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 12:09:56 +1200

Drsolly wrote:

But, you're going to rebuild New Orleans, bigger and better. I have
trouble understanding why.

That's easy -- the current bunch of morons in the White House have hand-
selected about the only folk left in the world who don't believe that
global warming has been happening (and will continue to accelerate
apace for quite some time even if we could stop all the really bad
stuff tomorrow) as their "scientific advisors" to ensure that they get
the "right" advice about global warming.

And, of course, it doesn't matter of that is "wrong" or "improper" or
immoral or whatever, because if the sea levels do rise to wipe out most
of the populated areas of California and the North-East, that must have
been what God intended anyway and it's not any of our business to
meddle in that.  And the folk who live there mostly vote Democrat
anyway, so if some of them get drowned along the way, that's no big
loss either.  This is the main reason there was "discrimination"
against the victims of Katrina; they were poor, not Black, and to the
extent they voted, they tended to vote for the wrong party.  You can
bet your life that if Katrina had followed a different path and ended
up doing the bulk of her damage to the Florida Keys, the response would
have been much different.

The US political system and the folk who maintain it are the biggest
impediment to real progress in understanding and ultimately being able
to solve the world's really big problems, which have nothing to do with
wars or terrorism...

Regards,

Nick FitzGerald