funsec mailing list archives

new list: closed-membership tech feed for CISO's

From: Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 16:36:24 +0200

Hi. Recently I made a point about CISO's being good security folks,
and talented, yet completely clueless aside to what vendors feed them as
to the threats and technologies out there.

Therefore they are often forced to make decisions baaed on "market
trends" announced by companies such as Meta Group or Gartner, MEDIA frenzy which is vendor fueled, mailing lists that discuss what the vendors put out there and vendor presentations.

Therefore, they have the logic to make decisions but base them on the
wrong facts.

I am in a position to relay quite a bit of technological information, as
well as data on new threats, as they emerge.

I want to start a mailing list for CISO's where that information can be
sent and discussed.

The mailing list will be closed-membership and vetted. To get in you
need to be vouched for by two existing members.

If you are a CISO and you want in, or know anyone who is, please feel free to ping me off-list.

        Gadi.

--
My blog: http://blogs.securiteam.com/?author=6

"The third principle of sentient life is the capacity for self-sacrifice
--- the conscious ability to override evolution and self-preservation
for a cause, a friend, a loved one."
        -- Draal, "A Voice in the Wilderness", Babylon 5.