funsec mailing list archives

Re: new list: closed-membership tech feed for CISO's

From: Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 21:35:09 +0200

Dude wrote:

I could invite a(CTO), (CIO) or, (Director of Information Security) or
All,  but what kind of materials will you be covering? my fear is that
the CISO from ISS will join and push their crappy products on everone
else through the guise of dispersal of information.

Not saying that this would be planned, jus that some UMT's (Upper
Management Types) are more salesman than anything else.

Some are on the ball and know their Stuff. Others however could use some
instruction (You know what I am saying Glass). If you could, just
reassure me you will save them from Idiocy if it trys to subvert your
list and I will invite one (no guarentees he will join tho :)

Who is your target audience, well learned ones, or those in need of
instruction or both?

Both. No vendors unless on a personal rather than work capacity and then under my quick delete button.

        Gadi.

--
My blog: http://blogs.securiteam.com/?author=6

"The third principle of sentient life is the capacity for self-sacrifice --- the conscious ability to override evolution and self-preservation for a cause, a friend, a loved one."
        -- Draal, "A Voice in the Wilderness", Babylon 5.