funsec mailing list archives

Re: crazy asm coders [was: efficient ASM code]

From: Blue Boar <BlueBoar () thievco com>
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 09:15:43 -0700

Aditya Deshmukh wrote:
All the worm-du-jour authors' out there seem to use that...

Almost all of the worms that I've looked at in recent memory consist
largely of compiled code.  Sure, there is assembly in the exploit
vector, and the occasional bit of glue.  The couple that I can think of
that were done in assembly were Code Red and SQL Slammer.

                                        BB