funsec mailing list archives

Re: Re: Malware sharing? People are full of shit [was: Get your computer viruses here!]

From: Dude VanWinkle <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 17:44:29 -0800

This is the "information should be free argument". The reply to that is
"If you believe that, then please post your credit card and identity
information on a public site"

Some information should not be disseminated. Your credit card number (and
mine) are examples.

They are disseminated freely among credit companies, government
agencies, and corporations.
Choicepoint, those ppl who send you credit card offers, expierion,
etc. all have your info, they all abuse it, and they all will sell
your info to me if I wanted it. Information should be "pay only or
stolen" then?

-JP